advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why, back in my day, the Flintstones could smoke on TV.

You young punks. When I was your age, we got lung cancer on the way to school and liked it–uphill, both ways AND we worked the damn USP into the spot AND we made the women do the chores too–punks. After seeing this retro commercial for Winston cigarettes, maybe Starbucks and McDonald’s marketing efforts to kids aren’t so bad after all?

Nah. They’re still pretty bad.

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comments scared me more than the commercial.

Joker said...

I remember characters putting a gun to their heads and pulling the trigger. Not to mention that popeye smoked all day. This is why I think todays cartoons blow. It's all G rated BS that is safe for our children to consume.... yeah , so that's why twelve year olds love to bang hookers and kill people in Grand Theft Auto.