advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Thursday, March 9, 2006

Honda Element and animals use cutting-edge technology.

On the way into Manhattan tonight via the West Side Highway, I passed an outdoor for the Honda Element and its Animal campaign. As you might already know, the regular quarter-page print ads are a series of pithy comments between the Element and various animals. (That’s right, I said pithy.) The outdoor though poses a question and asks the driver whizzing by in two nano seconds to find the answer by using that most advanced of technologies – am radio. I then tune to 1630 am. (I did even though it was out of range after a mile or so.) However, considering the length of copy on the outdoor, it grabbed attention quite well. Once you tune into the radio station, the audio from the website spot plays. Great use of one media drving you to another, and great repurposing of existing content as a little editing turns a :30 TV spot into a radio spot.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Maulleigh said...

Those bastards will get you any way they can! It's like they WANT us to spend our time looking at their ads and their products!!! From now on, I'm keeping my eyes closed while I drive.