advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, July 24, 2006

The Random Logo Project.

New site updates are winding down and more value-adds, well, added. Like The Random Logo Project. (Initial caps are so pretentious aren’t they?) Anyway, with all the excitement over CGM, social sites, social distortion, etc., I’m jumping headfirst into the shallow end of the pool with a new experiment.

Basically, next to Wal-Mart, I’m creating the world’s largest collection of logos. That’s the goal at least. To read more about it, go here. Then send me something. Via Flickr, email, Pony Express. Your choice. (Look at the Flickr badge on the right for samples.)

Hopefully, the speedbumps will be few and way far between. Since this mostly involves Flickr, I want people after they shoot a logo to tag their image with a unique word, randomlogoproject. Then I’ll search for any images associated with that tag and add them to my set.

However, since my Flickr Group for this thing is still pending, the only way you’ll see logos in The Random Logo Project is by viewing it directly in my Flickr set. (I expect to migrate everything into the group soon enough.)

Later in the week, I’ll follow-up on the trainwreck project and the behind-the-scenes fun with the whacky social technology that is Flickr.

No worries though. I’ll get this thing off the ground one way or another. Although you may hear a few trees hitting the fuselage.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: