advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, September 25, 2006

Kohl’s channels dead Scottish singer.

New Kohl’s campaign for their transformation nation uses the hit from the late Stuart Adamson and Big Country, albeit a cover version. Hey, every band sells out eventually, right? Just can’t rememer a brand using an entire song as the basis for it’s campaign to introduce a new fall line and save the world. After all, in a big country, dreams stay with you – along with that wonderful brown suede jacket.

Next up: Kajagoogoo for Payless shoes.

Tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

Irene Done said...

Is it creepier for campaigns to use songs by dead people or images of dead people? I eventually forget song use. But I will never be able to scrub from my brain the sight of Sammy Davis Jr for Applebees or Audrey Hepburn for Gap.

Anonymous said...

And I was at the mall the other day and the Gap had Audrey everywhere. So much for Sarah Jessica.

Irene Done said...

Oh, yeah! SJP: too old. But a cold, dead Audrey Hepburn: just right. I just don't get that.

copyranter said...

I hate that they're using that song. it is (or was) a very non-ironic emotional song.