advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Calling all Carrot Tops: Talent agency wants you.

In the future, everyone will be Carrot Top for 15 minutes. Calling all future movie stars, actors and directors on YouTube: you may already be scouted by Hollywood. Hey, why not. Worked for LonelgirlImNotReally15. While I’m having fun with the idea, it is the next logical step for talent searching. Carson Daly has already scoped out talent this way for his show. Maybe even legal too.

But given the low quality of most video and amateur talent on the Tube, (that’s right I said Tube), does this just become the equivalent of looking through the discount rack for the best of the average out there?

All I know is it’s gonna suck to be the one to have to sort through 1.5 million vids of teens complaining ‘This is my video and I don’t know what to saaaaaaaay’. (via Drudge)

And, if you need more Scary Top, try this one.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

RFB said...

Thanks for that scary link. Looks like he's been to the Kenny Rogers/Burt Reynolds plastic surgeon. I feel very violated right now.