advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We built this record.

Thanks to copyranter on a follow-up that is perfect blog material. Some poor soul trying to break a record by listening to We Built This City by Jefferson Starship. (New-school, don’t ask. That was back when ‘New Wave’ was around and 70’s Super Groups tried to reinvent themselves by adding a synth and futuristic-sounding name like Starship. Here’s how that’ll end up by the way: Jefferson Airplane > Jefferson Starship > Starship and then just simply, Stuh. )

Anyway, closest I ever came was eight hours straight of STP’s Trippin’ On A Hole In A Paper Heart off Tiny Music. What. I like the freakin song and I was editing in the studio. Even still, that only put me at 165 listens, less than half of what that poor bastard has to go through.

Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

James-H said...

Starship plays in my hell.

Anonymous said...

They would definitely be in mine, but my version would be hell squared:

The live reunion-tour off-key version where they shout out a different city name on each leg of the tour, and one chick near the stage is screaming the entire time. Mickey and Grace both taking turns belting out “We built this C’mon Allentown! We can’t hear you!” built this city!”

Rock on PA, rock on.

Anonymous said...

This guy's crafting his own private Guantanamo, although I think they used the Chili Peppers -- the band, I mean.