advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, November 20, 2006

Geico Caveman sees therapist in new spot.

New therapy session spot with Talia Shire as the shrink here on YouTube. (It’s not a stretch – she’s used to working with neanderthals). One more thing: why don’t the cavemen have a blog? They easily outdo the Gecko in terms of popularity, and he has one. Seems like a no-brainer. Instead of the Gecko film contest - dead link btw - why not have a uh-oh, ‘CGC’ film contest involving cavemen and your next door neighbor chasing them with fire.

Tags: , , ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, that would be one fun blog to write. I just read yesterday about scientists discovering that the genetic difference between neaqderthals and modern man is very, very slight. I wonder what typeface would be good?

Anonymous said...

Wait, you mean Bill O'Reilly isn't a caveman??

Anonymous said...

You really like these ads?

Every time i see one i cant help but imagine the meeting where the ceo looks at the ad guy like he is crazy.

time will tell and certainly you dont always have to go the hard sell route but seriously if the bar to beat here is the idiot gecko then, well you can finish the thought

Anonymous said...

Yep measured, count me in as one of the loyal 'cave' dwellars, and for the record, I hate the Gecko.

copyranter said...

the cavemen are superb.

James-H said...

sparkling with funny touches: "my mother is calling, I'll put it on speaker" chief among them.

Bill, do a gecko lover/hater poll.
Everyone hates the gecko (except the one where he says "I'm sooo rich, I think I'll keep my seat.")

Alright. I'm fired.

That's what I get for drunk-blogging.

Anonymous said...

Another site discussing the Cavemen...

http://tinyurl.com/yypun8

Anonymous said...

I like the caveman ads too. The one in the airport is good too. Love their expressions. The one of the ad set wasnt that great though.

Dennis at Web Axe said...

The first couple times I saw the caveman commercials, it was funny. Now it's overdone and obnoxious! For fans, it is a great idea for them to do a blog...

Anonymous said...

They should.They're media-literate. The one in the therapist spot is texting his mother.