advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Just got off the phone with Joe Piscopo.

Besides telling me to vote Republican, he wanted me to know how proud he was of being from NJ. (That’s why he called from Cali.) Actually the disclaimer at the end said it was by GOP supporters, not any candidate specifically. Or maybe it was supporters of Joe Piscopo?

Now that would be a great viral PR campaign for former SNL alum. Get a phone list and call everyone in the tri-state area: “Hello everyone once again, THIS is Joe Piscopo and my career is still alive - barely!”

(‘Supporters’ of Rob Schneider, please take note.)

Tags: , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know why I read your blog? Aside from the highly intellectual analysis, its because I always get a good laugh. Like now. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

"highly intellectual analysis"

If that happened, I disavow all knowledge and promise never to do it again.

HighJive said...

it must be sad for piscopo, to be a washed-up relic from the period when snl was not very funny.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. Now that's context. At least SNL v1.0 can say they broke some new ground. Eddie Murphy was the only reason to watch when Piscopo was on.

I also shoulda mentioned, he called yesterday too.

Maybe him and The Dice Man can play some gigs on Long Island. Reclaim the glory.

Scott Baradell said...

I'm from Jersey!

Are you from Jersey?

I'm from Jersey!

Yep...

Still as funny as it was in 1985.