advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stanley, can you hear me now?

I love Stanley Tucci actually. Great actor. Cingular though? Not so much. Clever graphic icons. Nice use of the five theme throughout the TV spots along with Stanley on lead VO and drums too.

But it is the worst cell service I have ever used. Ever. Period. Ever. Dropped calls. Loss of signal in my house and on the road. Delayed message retrieval by sometimes a day or more.

The ads claim that overall, they report the fewest dropped calls. Sorry. I’m one of the ‘fewest’ dropped. A brand, like a chain, is only as good as its weakest link. Or in this case, its unhappiest customer.

No brand has customers happy with their product 100% of the time, so I’m being unreasonable, right? Brands should just live with the fact that 5-10% of their customers will have a bad experience. Uh... no. Not when I get locked into a two-year deal that I have to search Consumerist for ways to get out of it.

Not when countless Cingular reps say there’s nothing they can do, it’s my phone, it’s their lack of towers, it’s my SIM card, it’s my toothpaste, etc. But, if I would just resign for another two years, we can get you a new one. To which I say...

...more middle fingers in more places.

Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've known nothing but Cingular, so I can't compare, but your reports are true. Especially the delayed messaging. And when I brought in a dead phone to be repaired - HA! No chance in hell - gotta get a new phone - and with 3 phones on the plan, we're locked for another 2 years.

I want a nationalized calling service run by the CIA. Although a patriot's nightmare (or Godsend, depending on your veiw of patriotism) I'll bet it would be reliable.

Anonymous said...

I have always had Cingular, never had a problem anywhere in the country. In fact it got better once they took over AT&T. Sprint and T-Mobile by far are THE worst.