advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Saturday, February 3, 2007

Ghost Rider will tank.

Why do I say that? The tie-in with H&R Block in a new spot. Now I’m not guaranteeing a poor showing, but it just seems like every film that has a promotional tie-in before it actually comes out ends up not doing well. A “hip young soundtrack” or Happy Meal with the movie characters are usually the first signs prior to release. And after seeing Wicker Man, I’m not the only one who thinks Cage needs a hit.

It doesn’t look good though: I don’t recall any Good Shepherd action figures and that film seems to be doing ok so far.

Tags: ,

2 comments:

Irene Done said...

I think The Soup put it best this week: What's the deal with Nicholas Cage's hair?

RFB said...

Yeah, Cage got a new rug, but there are a number of us who would still rent Valley Girl just for a chance to see Cage's unique style.