advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Thursday, February 8, 2007

To Cowboys Logo freaks...

I’m really sorry. I really am. I emailed Jerry and told him no. (Told him Al Groh would’ve been a better choice.) He hasn’t responded yet. Probably too busy reviewing changes to the luxury boxes for the new stadium. That’s what, like a billion by 2009? Anyway, first came the Statue of Liberty known as Drew, now comes Wade. Get used to that pose. The moment of indecision whether to throw the challenge flag or not. The moment that says should I head over to the snack bar – or blitz. And press conferences?

You’re welcome.

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Irene Done said...

The funniest comment I've heard yet is from a radio show caller who said that Phillips sounds like he should be talking about propane and propane products.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the metaphors will fly now...

Parcells never appeared happy even when they won. "Nothing during the game was ever good enough, I'm not sure we can win another game," etc.

But Fade, (as I grew to call him after surviving his regime in Buffalo,) will show his true lack of mettle soon enough. Jerry on the other hand, has already made a withdrawl from his ATM surplus of meddle with this hire. It was obvious he wanted silly putty for a coach. In the famous words of Strother Martin:

"Well, he gets it."

Irene Done said...

I would have been more entertained if Jerry had just named himself coach.

And I just hope Coach Phillips sent a nice big basket of fruit to Tony Romo -- that kid holds onto the ball, we're not even having this conversation.

Anonymous said...

Oh he'll send a basket, but it'll be filled with apple cores and banana peels.