advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, April 27, 2007

Climate change ambassador.

This Unpluggit is a Ben & Jerry’s viral effort aimed at getting people to unplug their computers. Why unplug? Well, I’ll tell you. According to the site, it’s to help cut down on energy still used even when stuff is turned off. Now, I really never thought about that, I just like virals that use sex to get their point across. Even then, I’m still too lazy to crawl under the desk and unplug. I’d also have used fear. As in, no matter how many surge protectors you have, unplug your stuff so it doesn’t fry during a lightening strike and you end up replacing your motherboard–just like idiot me had to once.

Coupla peeves. First, after seeing that job title, I wonder also if there might not be ‘Rock Star’ Climate Change Ambassadors out there too. Secondly, I love microsites and virals that drive you there and all that–when they work. But either upload better footage or link it from YouTube. Maybe it’s a UK bandwidth issue or something, but the embedded Flash movie here stutters big time and hurts the cause. I’m sure there was enough in the budget to up the frame rate from four per second. The Roger Patterson Bigfoot film was easier to watch.

1 comment:

James-H said...

Not to mention the fact that he forgoes safe sex for climate-friendly sex. Talk about frying your motherboard.