advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, April 6, 2007

I met someone online.

Go ahead. It’s ok to look I told myself. What? No, not like that ya pervs. I meant, oh forget it. Anyway, got a chance to visit my old CT playground and the offices of VIA. Darryl and the gang there have a cool space in the heart of... wait for it... Danbury. There I said it. Only mentioned that because the vast majority of small agencies/shops located near NY, Chicago or Boston, but like, 50 miles away, ALWAYS round up the address to the nearest major metro. Fairfield County is no exception. (Shut the hell up, you all do it and you know it: WITH OFFICES IN SF • LONDON • WESTPORT NY. Props to VIA for being honest. That they also keep their numerous awards in the bathroom is funny too. Keeps you grounded, right? Every agency I’ve seen hits you in the face with them as you step into the lobby. They have a real good loyal group at VIA, and are in the process of rebranding it after 10+ years. No small feat in this “here today, gone tomorrow” biz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recent events have many of talking about the dark side of the blogosphere. The flipside is, of course, learning about and from people you'd likely never have irl. Like Bill Green and the peeps at Via, er' Plaid. When are you coming to KC?

Anonymous said...

Possibly in the soon future. That's kinda vague I realize, but, that's the edge I live on. And it will be for a coffee morning.

Anonymous said...

I prefer beer afternoons. I think I'm going to start that trend.