advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rock on, Alka-Seltzer heads.

I need a glass after this clip. I swear this is why I want to punch walls. Here’s the winning song in the Alka-Seltzer song contest from Josh ‘gosh’ Anderson. After watching it, it’s clear Josh’s dad was in The Archies and passed down the genes. (Don’t believe me, swap out the words “Sugar, sugar” with “Plop, plop, fizz, fizz.”) Check out other entries at their website. (Just what song actually lost to this anyway?) Look, I understand the rush to ‘hiptify’ or try and make a brand appeal to a young audience, but just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Was Alka-Seltzer ever for anyone under 60?

Tags:

1 comment:

HustleKnocker said...

i don't get Alka-Seltzer... so much of this stuff is white guys trying to appease baby-boomer clients and agency honchos who have a totally homogenized and delusional view of the 1960s, not to mention what constitues good advertising.