advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Oh. It’s an ‘evolving emblem.’

Not a logo. In response to the outcry over the emblem, officials further defended their position. And I thought logos were supposed to stand the test of time, not change every year.

UPDATE: Apparently the damn thing even causes
epileptic fits. All I know is if I was the one who paid £400000 (approximately $800,000 dollars), I’d be looking for a little refund right about now. $800,000 for a logo? Even adjusting for inflation, Paul Rand never got that much for any of his famous designs or identity systems, including the ones he did for ABC and IBM.

(via Drudge)

Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it!

A BRAND cannot be CREATED out of THIN AIR.

A BRAND is what the general public thinks of you, your product and your materials. A logo is part of creating a brand. But the logo ISN'T THE BRAND ITSELF!

That is all.

Thinking In Vain said...

So the logo's not only an eye sore, but the video to explain it causes seizures.

Sounds like like a win/win situation. o_O

That video was horrible - gave me a headache.

James-H said...

I don;t know about a seizure. I was feeling an aneurysm coming on.

Looks like the rockem sockem robots trading handjobs.

Anonymous said...

“...rockem sockem robots trading handjobs.”

That may have to go in the MTLB commenting HOF.