advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Willie is on the road again.

“Hey, I know. Why don’t we get a POS van and do a brand tour?” And with those first fateful words I uttered, here’s what I’m doing. Another road trip, but this one’s gonna be different. I mentioned a few weeks back about a Brand Tour from Plaid branding and design out of CT. (Plaid–formerly VIA–ran the Brandflakes for Breakfast blog I read, and vice-versa. Long story shorter, they were rebranding and likewise interested in the same social media and other viralosity I blog about.

So next, I did the only thing I could think of: offer to drive.

This tour is a chance to put my money where my mouse is and bring the brand revival message to a tent near you. Check out our tour locations here as we start up North and head to the South. We’re already lining up brands and bloggers like Jaffe to meet with along the way. We also have a major brand we’re hitting in the NYC to lead things off. I could tell you more, but then I’d have to bill you. (And to the prominent Dallas blogging crew we’ll see–in August–wtf were we thinking? It’s like 122° there, no?) So email us if you wanna hook-up along the way, or just drive by and give us the finger. No appointments necessary in the case of the latter. We’re easy like that.

Another thing that’s cool is that all of our adventures and mishaps will be made public with a webcam and live Twitter feed, and of course the requisite YouTube clips. You can also track where we are via GPS and Google Earth. Basically, we’re trying to incorporate much of what is we would want brands to do. A little old school and a little new. I’ll be blogging it from the road and fear not, I will still bring the obscure. That's my pledge of Blogging Kwality.

For more information on sponsorship opportunities, or if you’re a brand who wants us to come buy, say hi and give you free shirts, then email me or Darryl at Plaid.

7 comments:

Moda di Magno said...

Bill: Swing by Boston on the "Massachusetts" leg.

Thinking In Vain said...

Aw damn, so close to me and yet so far.

anna kate said...

you aren't stopping in Atlanta? home of Coca Cola and Turner Broadcasting and me?

shame. it's not a bad place to visit.

RFB said...

And completely avoiding Florida ("America's Phallic Appendage") altogether.

Cool gig though, Bill. Now I know you don't have a real job.

Anonymous said...

JP - Bloggers don’t need money, they do it for the love man.

ak - yeah, and Home Depot too. Sorry, no Hotlanta for us this time out.

darryl ohrt said...

We haven't done a background check, and we're not even sure if Bill has a valid driver's license.

My guess is there are multiple arrest warrants to be discovered across the country. Should make for some good video.

Anonymous said...

Ha, darryl, now that you mention it. After moving to NJ from CT, I had to get a new license. It got held up a month though because another BG (in Illinois) was wanted by the police there.

Think dealing with DMV is bad? Try doing it out of state–over the phone. Nevermind that I never lived there, or that my social security # was different, they needed actual copies of my birth certificate and current address verifcation sent to them.

To seal the deal, I found out NJ doesn’t even use social security numbers to look up driver info, something which would’ve cleared things up instantly.

My tax dollars at work.