advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Thursday, August 2, 2007

I’d listen to him read the phonebook.

I love the cadence of language. Accents, regional dialects and all that. On this tour it’s all I can do to shut-up in the van when the mic’s on. Don’t really want to insult any clients listening, let alone the people we may have just visited. Darryl probably cringes when he hears me starting up but it’s coming from a place of reverence, not disrespect. So that’s why I have to share this clip we taped today in Memphis leaving Graceland. WEVL’s Bashful Bob Clark got more character than any 10 radio personalities you can name. (Although before I found out what he looked like, Rob posited out loud “What if he’s only 23?” Would’ve been funnier still.) As it is though, sit back and enjoy a little bit of radio magic, Memphis style. And if you want, catch his show called Sho-Nuff Country streaming off their website between 10-2 pm central time on Wednesdays.

Tags: ,

No comments: