advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Forget green plastic army men, Believe in HALO 3.

(Lousy title I know, but writing pithy yet keyword-rich headlines with zing takes more skillz than I have today.) Caught this HALO 3 Believe spot out of the corner of my eye Sunday. I usually don’t get up from across the room to see stuff but this just looked cool as hell. I love the idea of using traditional toys like soldiers to sell the concept of a video game. Normally, toy spots have those gigantic zooms and as much believability as one of Ray Harryhausen’s then-great sequences, but here they shot the hell out of this one complete with epic camera pans you see in war movies, not to mention the recreation of key scenes from the game portrayed by the figures. (Completing the total immersion into the world of HALO is this ‘real’ behind the scenes look at how they recreated the battle too.

Tags:

No comments: