advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Saturday, November 10, 2007

Before and after logos-remakes gone bad.

Figure with ‘Logo’ in the title here I should blog more about logos, right? (Truth is, I hate the title and I’m not really into logo design anymore like I used to be. It’s just a common phrase I thought ad people could identify with and one that stood out from the rest of the ad blog names.) Anyway, A Clever Cookie has a list of some logo disasters and improvements. What’s funny is how many of them don’t really look that different after coming out of the body shop. Some revolutionary, some evolutaionary, some neither.

2 comments:

HighJive said...

the qantas "after" logo makes the kangaroo look like a jurassic park raptor.

Joker said...

Agree with highjive, but their Rationale could be that looking thus appeals to a more extreme crowd looking for a nature run..... or something. In all honesty, some of the remakes are terrible, some are pretty good and many are non-discernible. Then again, I'm a copywriter, so what do I know : D