advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Saturday, January 12, 2008

Flying Forward with American Airline’s new marketing.

American Airlines is taking aim once again at the growing LGBT demo with a new Fly Forward campaign theme. After seeing the work, two things come up that I’m wondering about.

1) W
hile I really dig the retro look of the work, isn’t there a disconnect with the visual and anyone back then who was gay who likely had to remain in the closet? Would those two guys have been strolling down the red carpet that openly? (Granted, I’m not part of the target demo so maybe I’m reading into this too much.)

2) If a major brand like American Airlines can work with AOR TM Advertising plus specialty agency
Witeck-Combs to handle LGBT duties, why can’t GM work with its general shop plus a multicultural agency for multicultural work?

Tags:

1 comment:

Joker said...

Fly Forward, sounds like some new sexual position I'm not aware of. Regardless, interesting to see gay advertisements find their way into publications to see how it pans out because as you mentioned, other people have some minority issues regarding race, so I can't wait to see if there's a messup with gay advertising and stereotypes. I can just imagine it, American Airlines, Letting you go down under, for less.