advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Sunday, August 24, 2008

No TV? No problem.

Having just got wired up in the new place with cable and internets, I can now safely report that 10 days without either, well, sucked. Truth be told, it was less sucky because I was able to mooch off liberate some of the neighbor’s wireless, spotty as it was. Yes, beggers can be chosers. Still, even without that fix, I can definitely say that life without internet is far worse than life without TV.

Email. IM. News. Blogging. Someone hook me up, please.

Sure I missed TV, but only the background din it provided. Any show I needed to catch up on, well, I just went to hulu.com. What’s scary though is that I’m slowly coming around to not needing to watch stuff on a screen 27” or bigger—I’ve settled for 640 x 480 res and a few ads. (Which to me is actually a big hurdle for internet video: If flyover country can get used to the small screen and watching stuff at their desk instead of their La-Z-Boy sectionals? Fuggeddaboutit.)

The family for their part reacted the same way: TV was just so much soothing white noise, and that’s what they missed. Something on while they did other stuff. I didn’t really miss it much on tour either, logging in maybe two hours tops. Too busy with other stuff. But now that the NFL is starting up?

Yeah, I’m okay with having cable back.
_______________________________________

Maybe it’s me though. I asked previously, but I’ll ask again, just ’cuz I can:

No comments: