advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pepsi is now sufficiently generic.

Finally got my samples! Oh. I had to go to the store to get them, sorry. Blah, blah, blah, Pepsi switched agencies, blah, blah, Pepsi redesigned their logo, blah, blah, I complained, blah, blah, you voted, blah, blah. After all that, and after seeing it in the stores, it struck me as one big wall of faceless brand. Forget any connection to people. There is none. It's absolutely perfect for a soulless-techno-anime video game world. But Pepsi should keep going on and paying PR agencies to tell consumers otherwise. It’s also kind of stunning that A) They switched from a nearly 50-year relationship at BBDO to TBWA\C\D and B) That any agency still could keep a client that long. (I love TBWA\C\D’s work, that’s not the point.) Knock them all you want, but I would’ve liked to see what Crispin would’ve done with this brand. If you’re going to change, then really change. Revolution, not evolution. Pepsi’s about taste—not new logos.

Tags:

2 comments:

RFB said...

pepsi 2.o (beta)

spyboy said...

Looks like the Obama logo.