advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, January 19, 2009

We also cling to our billboards out here.

At first I was like, who is Wilberforce, and what’s he doing up there staring down at me in a woodcut kinda way. Wheels spin as I then ponder if you’re trying to recruit in large numbers using the bible, why not use someone with broader appeal to make people go, “Really, him? Okay, let me check this out.” Maybe someone more well-known like Ben Franklin who apparently had a connection to this particular movement. When I got home later I Googled to see who he was, and realized maybe they didn’t want to appeal to just anyone, so William got the call. See, targeted media with obscure historical figures DOES work because it made me go home check this out for myself, spending far more time than you would expect for an outdoor.

No comments: