advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mr. President, dude. With all due respect...

...speed that shit up. I went out and did four loads of laundry, fed the dog, mapped out a new solar system, came back, and you were still answering the first question. (Read the transcript here if you don’t believe me.) I’m guessing your offensive coordinator Rom Emmanual probably told you that by explaining the plans in great detail that you’ll win hearts and minds, unlike the previous administration’s limited access when it came to certain media.

Thing is, it’s coming off now like the account person who unsells an idea after the client signs off on it. Every answer to a direct question turns into you explaining your entire agenda and all the wonderful things you want to do... and do... and do. I appreciate careful, measured speech in a president, but it’s turning out to be the polar opposite of Bush’s shoot from the hip first—ask no questions later ways. Frustrating as hell.

1 comment:

llcooljessie said...

I thought I was the only one who watched that.

When I'm president, there will be only 20 questions per press conference. They must all be yes or no.