advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Sunday, April 5, 2009

Does this make me a Thought Leader™?

Far from it I hope. I pledge to remain a Thought Doer™ as long as I live. Recently, I had the chance to participate in writing for Connect! Marketing In The Social Media Era as part of the The Project 100. It’s a book organized by Jeff Caswell that talks about social media everyone’s favorite buzzword. Basically, 100 people like Alan Wolk, Paul McEnany and myself each wrote 400 words about any topic related to SM. Only limits being that we keep it clean.

So I wrote about...

Sucka! Not so fast. While all the authors theoretically could blog their takes, that would defeat the real purpose of the book: To donate all profits to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Can’t raise money if the entire thing is available free, right? (None of the authors were paid for their contributions.) You can preview a few excerpts here.

Having read a LOT of the usual suspects when it comes to this topic, I like how the 400-word limit forced people to distill things down to their essence and offer practical advice in ways I haven’t seen before. It’s also after reading some of that
smart stuff that I thought, damn, why didn’t I write like that. My approach takes a look at where we are today from a historical context with regard to, you know. Hopefully some people will connect with it.

(There’s also the requisite Facebook group too.
)

Tags: ,

No comments: