advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Country For Men In Black coffee.



I don't know what to make of that. I surely don’t. It’s wtf material, ain’t it? If it ain’t, it’ll do til wtf gets here.

If you haven’t seen them, there’s a series of spots out for Suntory Boss Rainbow Mountain in Japan starring Tommy Lee Jones. There’s like 15 or so of these things. (I swear I lost count.) Used to be that stars avoided doing commercials in America for fear of their film cred taking a hit, so they’d go to Japan where they welcome you with open arms—as long as you promise to embarrass yourself on national TV for no apparent reason. Here, he’s a character name Alien Jones who arrived on Earth to study humans. Nude House of Wacky People ensues! Compared to the usual over the top celeb endorsement thing, he puts the dead back in deadpan.

Tags:

3 comments:

M.M. McDermott said...

Oh, right! Now I remember why I'm a raging xenophobe.

Anonymous said...

WOW....I hope he got paid a LOT...I used to love Tommy, but now he seems like a cheap date.

kelpenhagen said...

I'm about to start a project in Japan on canned coffee - and when I get to the bottom of all this, I'll let you know what the hell it all means