advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, July 8, 2009

J-E-T-S-A-T-L-A-N-T-I-C-H-E-A-L-T-H!








JETS! JETS! JETS!

Add another team to the list allowing sponsor logos on NFL practice jerseys. (Gonna be real hard to work that long name into the chant though.) Even the Giants went one step further and not only allowed Timex logos on their jerseys, but gave up naming rights to their practice facility for 15 years. As I wrote previously, I really don’t mind additional logos unless:

1) It starts to look like NASCAR quarter panel

2) When they intrude on the actual team logo. (As the Jets’ logo above does.)

3) Because the team claims it needs the money. I’m not buying that one at all, not with the cut they get from TV revenues. (Maybe if they were small-market teams I could sorta buy that excuse, but the Jets and Giants are anything but.)

So is this just getting out of hand or are wall-to-wall logos inevitable?

No comments: