advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, November 27, 2009

They told me to SELL THIS WAY!



Man I hope Tyler & Co. got a shitload of money for this. As one commenter said on YouTube:

“Ok ANY remake would butcher WTW people, let's get over that. I think it’s cute they used it like this. ^_^”

Uh, no. Please, just return to the group home.

The only mildy* acceptable version was Run DMC’s mix. Otherwise, this one just about hits a new low for using songs in commercials. Forget Wendy’s use of the Violent Femmes or any brand that appropriates a song for the one or two words which sync with a brand message, remakes suck. (And even then, most brands disregard the real meaning of the rest of the song. In the case of Wendy’s, the band was split on allowing the song to be used.) Lest I forget because I was asleep at the wheel (Zing!), Hess also butchered Free Ride last year.

Happy Holidays!

*Actually, Muh-muh-muh-my-Mohegan! sucks worse, but because I loved Aerosmith so much more than the Knack, they take first place here for band moves that suck.


No comments: