advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, February 19, 2010

Huh-huh-huh-Hersheys. Word!



Chocolate Shoppe is viralosity from Hershey’s and The Sniper Twins. Well, an *attempt* at viralolisty with only 1,600 views so far. Production is tight, and I like the parody of the corporate stuff up front, which nails the feeling you get trying to sell ideas to old school parole board clients. Buuut, the song drags on a leetle too long. (Lyrics here.) As one comment summed up things pretty fairly:

“I know I’m going against the grain here, but I think it's too long and has no memorable hook. If someone asked me to repeat it for them, I couldn’t. It’s a great idea to use YouTube to expand Hershey's market, but this video won't go viral as planned for various reasons. Hershey’s a fun company -- not a hip company. Many of us have emotional ties to the product and this seems to forget that.

I hope my comments prove to be helpful!”


They do, friend. They do. Stay Hershey!

No comments: