advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, April 26, 2010

Don’t talk to aliens—cross the street when they approach.







Not THOSE aliens ya moron. Stephen Hawking’s aliens. His current theory not only posits given the shear number of stars and galaxies out there that alien life almost certainly exists, but we better not find out:

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”


I have less titles after my name, but where has Stephen been going for his theories again? People, that’s the basis for Independence Day. When Bill Pullman as President Whitmore is at Area 51 getting mind melded through the glass?

“I saw. I saw what they’re planning to do. They’re like locusts. They’re moving from planet to planet, their whole civilization. After they’ve consumed every natural resource they move on. And we’re next.”

Tell me Stevie hasn’t been raiding IMDB for material. I have so much less faith in NASA now. Who knows what they’re watching down there. I mean damn, they had to hire oil workers to save the planet, right?

1 comment:

Angela Natividad said...

Gotta say, it's not necessarily unreasonable to imagine intelligent life may have no reason at all to respect our autonomy.

Although I still do subscribe to the Star Trek vision of things: that Earth just so happens to be within Federation of Planets jurisdiction, and the latter made an agreement to leave us alone until we've developed a vessel that beats the speed of light.

(I would wait much longer though.)