advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Find your FINS.



So FINS for the Wall Street Journal is like Ladders, then? OR Monster... or Careerbuilder, or.... Maybe instead of six-figure gigs they specialize in finding pet-friendly jobs? I think you’re left asking why is this special from any other site and why should I care, let alone use it. If anything, it does come off most like LinkedIn – with a sponsor. I have to fill out info the way I would there too, and likely, will be hit up at some point by their resume makeover crew... for a nominal fee of course. When it comes to searching, I just think we’re past the *exclusive* come-on of Ladders and instead, just want to look at a list of existing opps without the registration gate. (Krop.com, Mashable, etc.) No site promising leads to great jobs comes without some sort of price. It’s also the first campaign on a brand site that I’ve ever seen which listed creative credits. (Who does that anyway?)

No comments: