advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Overheard Internet.

Yep, they wrote it...


I’ve found that in the last couple of years, I keep expecting the internet to be one way and it keeps being another. -- So for instance, they say if you want people to read your work, concentrate on quality. But that’s bullshit, what you need to concentrate on is popularity. On any given day, boards all over the place are full of high-ranking articles that are crap that people vote on simply because the author is popular. -- Then they say that the wisdom of the crowds will help pick clear winners. But the wisdom part begins to look like mob rule and crowds can be easily gamed, as this article shows.  -- I could go on, but I think I'm not alone in realizing that the cool interconnected internet that I wanted and the one we're actually getting are two completely different things.
DanielBMarkham


There’s a sucker born every minute- P.T. Barnum I think Evan Fry is a tremendous creative and I really like a lot of his work from Crispin. With that said, I don't think its “great” that a lot of hungry creatives, who work their a$$es off, won’t get paid for the work that they come up with. When creatives freelance, they turn in an invoice and get paid by the agency. I’m not really getting what's so awesome about coming up with ideas and then “hoping” that a client will pick the work so the freelancers can get paid. Make sense?”
FluxCapacitor


There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -- Classic Donald Rumsfeld.
ExBomb 

No comments: