advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back-up your blog.

Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, etc. whatever you use. Now’s a good time to make a copy of the code of your main page template and email it to yourself. Like I had to. Just now. After deleting half my link section to the right yesterday, but not discovering it until today. Luckily, I was covered. For those using Blogger, just go to your dashboard, click the ‘template’ tab, then select all the copy in the window that appears, copy and paste in an email or any word-processing application. If you email it, just put something really eye-catching in the subject line like “Emergency idiot code for people like me stupid enough to delete my blog code, but thankfully, I have this back-up.”

Or something like that.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Maulleigh said...

Fine. But I won't enjoy doing it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, there is no enjoyment here whatsoever. Simply, a lack of frustration should an accident occur.


;-p