advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, December 7, 2007

Get motivated with Nike.

I just saw the new Nike spot from Crispin, their first for the brand. I’d actually forgotten about the whole W+K > Crispin switch as I watched it, but my first reaction was that it felt like it reinvigorated the brand with its timeline approach and upbeat tempo. It has a twist on the usual introspective stuff the brand has done before that seems to appeal to the competitive nature of a runner. And not that consumers care or know at all about the Nike agency switch, but it’s a tough spot for Crispin. Ever try following someone who was extremely popular? Yeah. It’s like that. Expectations feel like they’re doubled, especially taking over a brand that had one voice for a long time. All you can do is just keep plugging away, put your stamp on it and do what you do because you can’t please everyone.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are my Nike goosebumps? This is forgettable.