advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, December 7, 2007

“He memed me.”

I didn’t jump the dodgeball fast enough and James caught me low with one of dem der internet meme chain letters. Details below, after which I will name my choices to share the love.

What ya need to do:

The questions below are all in the form of “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:

— You can leave them exactly as is.
— You can delete any one question.
— You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
— You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.

You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable. Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.

Fill in the blanks like so:

1. The best drama in scientific dystopias is: Children of Men.
2. The best bitter song in country music is: Deep Red Bells, by Neko Case. (A close second.)
3. The best dead comedian in American comedy is: Bill Hicks.
4. The best moment in live television was: Geraldo and the empty Al Capone vault.
5. The least erotic of all the salt-cured meats is: the bologna? (At least when Stern is throwing it at naked women.)
6. The most underwhelming actor in eighties television: Philip Michael Thomas.

My family tree:
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Shakespeare’s Sister.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Excuse This Mess....
My great-great-great-grandparent is Saying Yes.
My great-great-grandparent is Really Small Fish.
My great-grandparent is A Drinking Song.
My grandparent is Mr Middlebrow of Nonbillable.
My parent is James of Yonder Ponder.
My one and only sibling is Copyranter.

And now, I name Lori and Darryl as heirs to the throne.

2 comments:

James-H said...

Geraldo. Jesus. Why didn't I think of that? The live moment that defined the "But what if nothing happens? Will it still be interesting if it's live but NOTHING happens?"

Joker said...

1. The best drama in scientific dystopias is: 2001 Space Oddyssey.
2. The best bitter song in rock music is: Judith A perfect circle
3. The best dead comedian in American comedy is: Bill Hicks. (totally agree and my favorite comic to boot, can you imagine what would have been if he'd been alive to see Clinton and Bush Jr in office? I weep at our loss.)
4. The best moment in live television was: Mike Meyers face when Kanye West said Bush doesn't like black people.
5. The least erotic of all the salt-cured meats is: the bologna?
Corned beef. At least bologna doesn't remind me of middle school cafeteria food... though to be honest, it is far lamer but I gave it a reprieve since since it sounds funny if you pronounce a heavy G.

6. The most underwhelming actor in eighties television:
Anyone in a freedent commercial.

My family tree:
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent was Ponce De Leon's wing man
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is more dead than my great-great-great-grandparent, but less dead than my great-great-great-great-great grandparent.
My great-great-great-grandparent is looking for all the kings horses and all the kings men.
My great-great-grandparent is still pretty great.
My great-grandparent is a vague memory of an old lady who had a shot of scotch every day and cut down to 6 cigs because she was feeling it... at 94.
My grandparent is Mr Middlebrow of suave man with pimpish clothes and style I hope to emulate.
My parent is the single strongest person I know. Anytime I think life is getting hard, I simply remind myself where she comes from and shut the hell up.
My one and only sibling is not one and only but part of a dynamic duo.