advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, March 4, 2008

“I see an America where candidates not only borrow from each other, but the past.”

It’s good to keep a little perspective on candidates who complain that their opponent’s words come from somewhere else...
I see our country filled with happy homes.
Robert Ingersoll - 1876

I see an America devoted to our freedom.
F.D.R. - 1940

I see an America with a job for every man and woman who can work, and a decent standard of living for those who cannot.
Jimmy Carter - 1976

I see an America where our economy works for everyone, not just those at the top, where prosperity is shared and we create good jobs that stay right here in America.
Hillary Clinton - 2008
Adding even more perspective, the same writer Hillary indirectly channeled can also be heard here offering up a message of ‘hope’ for any future candidates needing it.


(Most quotes via.)

1 comment:

dmarks said...

I still think America is a place where wings take dream.