advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I mean, I’ve dropped people for updating two, maybe three times an hour on Twitter.

That’s not the first time I’ve heard that sentiment from the Twitter Police. Hurs the problem: While an abridged form of the normal conversations people have face to face, Twitter is still conversation nonetheless. Unless you’re watching a David Lynch short, people don’t just enter a room every hour and make one-sentence pronuncements on random topics, then leave. You have to expect a degree of back and forth replyage. But, I share their pain. I mean really, I’ve been known to drop someone for writing 8,000-word blog posts on why 140 character Twitter updates 3x an hour sucks. Only because... um, 8,000 words tends to equal around, say, the number of characters found in someone who updates... three times an hour on Twitter. *Irony meter redlining fast*

1 comment:

Irene Done said...

I guess you read that Slate article?

When I read the 3x an hour part, I thought of Shaq. If he's in your hometown and making noises about playing for your team -- three updates an hour is not nearly enough.