advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Saturday, May 30, 2009

Net, working.



















One of the joys of being freelance is the search for signal. You see a variety of names which people give their networks too. Since I’m bored, I figured I’d start to save this stuff somewhere, like, a blog! The other thing about signal is that while most people now password protect their router, many don’t. Sorry to mooch, but if it’s out there, I’m grabbing it. Even if it’s one bar while I’m pinned to a corner window, I’ll take it. (Hey, I gotta check email, don’t hate.) So the honorary networking screen grab kicks off with Jack. I’m guessing not a lot of work gets done on his watch.

5 comments:

RFB said...

He's a cowboy - a rebel - a character in a Peart lyric - the search for signal - pinned to a corner window.

Sorry, just living my wannabe freelance life vicariously through you, Digital Man.

Anonymous said...

Company man.

RFB said...

Sadly - so true right now. I believe it was the great band Loverboy (cough-cough) who put it so truthfully.

"Everybody's workin' for a health plan."

Atherton Bartelby said...

That's awesome. So much more politely-named than those I see consistently in Manhattan, e.g. "Pay For Your Own Signal, Bitches!" or "You Piggyback You Die!", etc. We're so aggressive here.

Anonymous said...

@AB - Sorry to be the buzzkill, but that was at Madison and 35th. ;-p