advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, May 22, 2006

Okay, it’s Hockey Monkey Time.

In keeping with this week’s seemingly endless monkey theme, I’m throwin’ out a little hey now to my boy on tha’ skins, Mat O of The Zambonis, North-America’s favorite all-hockey band. Currently, their song Hockey Monkey is #1 on Sirius Radio’s AltNation Channel 21, ahead of such groups as Jack White’s Raconteurs and Artic Monkeys. So if you subscribe, feel free to vote early and vote often: 1-877-33-SIRIUS.

Listen to some of their stuff here, or don’t be cheap and go buy it bitches. They may be also the only band I know to record a Johnny Cash hockey song. That’s what I said people. Johnny Cash.

Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnny Cash Hockey song? Hey, I saw Walk the Line and saw no mention of hockey. I hope Sirius is playing Zevon's Hit Somebody, He was also heavily into primates.

Anonymous said...

Actually, they wrote a song they thought Cash might actually sing if he was in fact a hockey nut.