advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Sunday, October 22, 2006

Some new old-time hockey.

Like most creatives I know, sports is a close second to, well, sports. Speaking of, I came across some good old-fashioned sports phraseology this weekend the likes of which would make Bob Uecker proud:

“I’m sure he was miffed, but the 20-year-old showed some good moxie”

“If that’s true, it hasn’t penetrated the sand surrounding my head as of yet”

Go now agent Starling and seek out more of Bob Crawford, play-by-play man for the minor league hockey team Hartford Wolf Pack over on sidearm delivery. (Not to mention a link to audio clips of his 3-octave delivery.) And just to bring it back around to me somehow, was there a better logo in hockey than the one for the old Hartford Whalers? (Designed by Peter Good.)

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

copyranter said...

the Whaler jerseys were AWESOME. loved the blue/green combo.