advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, January 29, 2007

Fishing with John.

No show like this. That’s not easy to say around here. John Lurie hosted Fishing With John, the most surreal fishing show I’ve seen this side of SCTV’s Fishin’ Musician. It had a six-episode run back in the early ‘90s with guests like Dennis Hopper and Tom Waits. Complimenting the whole thing was the deadpan narration of Robb Webb. You can check out a clip with Waits on YT.

Update: my boy Zeke points me to the season 1 DVD of SpongeBob Squarepants and the episode ‘Hooky’ where they mix in a clip of John and Jim Jarmusch fishing.

Tags:

1 comment:

czeltic girl said...

I LOVE Fishing with John. That was some quality television. I kept waiting for them to come out with more episodes (but I guess that would have ruined it).

Was it really on that long ago? Wow. Well, good for them. They've managed to get the theme song stuck in my head for 15 or so years.