advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Saturday, March 24, 2007

PS3: Fellini edition.

Trailer for the UK launch of the PS3. Only thing they forget to do was shoot it in B&W because it’s weird as hell. And like a Fellini flick, metaphors abound. Are all the people representative of the different worlds of gamers who will eventually converge? The RPG crowd, the shooters, the sports freaks? What about grenade dog? Perhaps this is a subtle comment on the euro and its effects on post-modern art? Naw. Like Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now, it’s just out there man. I do like though that they feature an older a more mature crowd in the spot. This is just me runnin’ something up the flagpole, but I can only guess they’re going after the growing boomer crowd. 25% or so of gamers are now over 50. Although, that doesn’t explain Borat underwear tv guy. Maybe Europeans are just freaky like that.

Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx. I aim to please–and annoy.

Irene Done said...

I kept waiting to see a train going through a tunnel. You don't have to be Fellini to figure that one out. (I feel confident that gamers over 50 will get that reference.)

Dang it, I like those Europeans!