advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, May 18, 2007

St. Paulie Girl drops dead.

Well, not really. Yet another brand icon reimagined brought to life. Smacks a little of the recent Bud work with the King symbol manifesting itself in different situations. Not a bad approach but not my cup of tea either. I’d have her as heroine in various real life settings, not as some bimbette. (Although I like a good bimbette.) But what other major beer has a woman icon, yet this is what you do with it? Give her some attitude and some control. Now that would be drop dead refreshing in this category.

You can check out the rest of the series of ads here. Although the three ads there are basically the type of layout variations agencies play around with prior to showing the client, I give them credit for at least running a survey to get your opinion about their effectiveness. Except for question No. 4, really.

Does any ad make you wanna buy something?

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate this ad. How gross is it that they just combined women and beer? I could go on all day about objectifying women, but that's been done before, and nothing's changed.

Moda di Magno said...

I'll leave my survey comments here - the campaign sucks. And I have always loathed "You never forget your first girl."