advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ask Kato.

Right now, OJ’s probably going out of his fucking mind, “How the hell did he get a commercial?” In this latest Crispin spot, women get the spotlight in another musical send-up for Ask.com. Just to set the record straight, I’ve always HATED musicals and opera–Oklahoma incident when I was eight, don’t ask–but there’s enough of a Pee-Wee Herman meets Busby Berkeley kink in these spots that make them work for me.

Tags:

5 comments:

Joker said...

OJ? how bout the rest of mankind wondering how a hack like Kato gets the chance to get paid for being a dipshit. Just goes to show though, Kato has a birthmark in the shape of a barcode in his t'aint.

Anonymous said...

C’mon. You know OJ’s thinking “If I did it, I shoulda killed him too.”

anna kate said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbEMdrAjSvk

Well, he's being contrasted against the ever popular ask.com search, "Chicks with Swords" --- at least they have a consistent theme of 'why the hell?'

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna Kate. I was the writer on these. The spots are all about getting a super-rich experience no matter how obscure the thing you're searching for is. Hopefully, that explains the "why the hell?" question. :)

I really dig the way they came out...Michael Gracey (the direector) is way into the whole musical thing, so he didn't make it feel like a parody, which I think works well.

Anonymous said...

There's enough of a twist that makes the genre of musicals, in this case at least, something I can stomach.

And recently, I see Legally Blond was turned into a musical. The apocalypse is officially upon us.