advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Monday, January 7, 2008

Giving up on Bose.

I was trying to let it go, but every time I do, they pull me right back in. Saw yet another classic Bose ad and couldn’t help it. The line that maddens and saddens? “BEWARE THIS IS THE MANUFACTURER TALKING!” (Like there’s been a series of ads lately from the imitation brand ‘Bosse’ talking about their speakers.) I haven’t seen copy this inspired since, well, 1864?

Everything is bad on so many levels. Like, crank it to a Spinal Tap 11 bad. Maybe they need to stop making sure all the audio engineers there get a shot at writing the copy and designing the ads.


Tags:

2 comments:

Jane said...

There's a reason some companies are constantly hiring...this is one of them. And from the superior quality of the work, you can totally tell why. ;)

Joker said...

I'm surprised they didn't leave the Istock watermark on the shitty royalty free pic.