advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, March 21, 2008

Scarred for life? Earn after you burn.

When you have Gen Text looking at colleges, you come across a host of scholarship/school info. Then you apply like crazy for anything that you think could possibly throw free money your way. Usually, it just requires the student to tell a story about their goals or why they love America. If you’re lucky, the amount you win might cover their first semester’s Starbucks habit. But, I saw what may be one the strangest ones yet:

Scarred 4 Life

Okaaay, I’ll play along and see where this goes. And it goes right where you’d think. To a promo for a scar reduction medication that’s giving away a host of prizes and oh, by the way, $500 towards a scholarship. I guess there’s worse ways to get a product mention but this seems too far removed from education to qualify. Having seen enough wounds from a Dermabond freelance stint, I’ll pass on seeing little Timmy opened up before lunch thank-you very much. But maybe it’s me.

1 comment:

Thinking In Vain said...

LOL, I remember trying for ones for left-handed people... and tall people.

Sadly, I didn't receive any of them.