advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Simple things - Papa John’s.

I innovate. That’s what I do. But do you people appreciate it? So, adding another future Tucker of a feature to the blog, I give you simple things. Basically, it’s something about a brand that may not be a big deal to them but nonetheless obviously jumps out at you, good or bad.

So for this one, I clicked on a funny promo idea for Papa John’s. $10.40 pricing in honor of tax time. It takes me to their site. where I get to experience
a good Pro-Crust-Inators line and an actual graphic bite taken out of the words tax time. Compared to Domino’s and Pizza Hut, which site is more appealing? (Click image to enlarge.) Papa John’s can afford TV, but the site looks dangerously close to that of a bad pizza parlor menu. Only thing missing was a nasty yellow burst with “WE MAKE CALZONES!” across the top. It’s pretty bad when the banner ad has more impact than the site.

Appetite appeal. Simplify. Make it bolder. Gimmee a bigger order online CTA* also. You can give it a makeover without sacrificing functionality. Email me and I’ll hook you up.

+

*Yeah, you know what that is, don’t ya.

Tags: , ,

No comments: