advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Friday, May 16, 2008

Yeah, but you didn’t mention anything about...

...The One Show. Don’t have too because nobody covered it like Angela did anyway. Discover all over again for the first time the joy, the heartbreak, the drunk students! (Besides, I don’t cover award stuff or give a shit about who moved from agency to agency. If you ever see that here, I’ve given in to ‘The Man.’)

...The Yellow pages redoing their look. Okay, because others did. Similar to what the UK equivalent did a few years ago and nice to see they kinda emulated what I thought they should. TV here.

...How mobile marketing is gonna be HUGE next year! Ha, okay, whatever.

...The PR release I sent you about our cutting-edge ad server technology and how our recent hire Joe Blow lets us compete at the next level in the ever-changing marketing landscape. Thanks to one too many of those kind of releases that have nothing to do with this blog, or are addressed FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. That will no longer be a problem. If agencies think all blogs are there just to run their PR releases, then they can start their own and release them there. I spend time finding stuff I think is interesting and worth passing on, not filling up the blog with print campaigns from Dubai that never ran.

FUCKING DONE.

2 comments:

Irene Done said...

I don't know about anyone else but I come here for one reason, mister, and one reason only: Gary Busey news.

Angela Natividad said...

So, like, did you hear about mobile? Seriously.

Ooh, ooh. Guess what it says on my CAPTCHA: "xorkd."