advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Help save Subway.

I love the brand. Grew up on it. Ate at the very first one when I lived in CT, back when they were .99¢, (and when you could also get a meal for under a buck.) But, for a global chain, they strike me now as a brand that does well in spite of its marketing. Their messaging is all over the place. The TV spots are a joke and the website looks like something Crispin would actually parody—except that it’s for real. If you can afford TV, you can afford not to have a site that looks like that. (Since times are apparently hard though, I’ll offer right here to redesign it for nearly almost free, maybe throw me some free subs.) Speaking of TV, I want to punch Jarod, and oh, btw, they’re too expensive relative to the three olives the sandwich artists behind the counter throw on a sub, and they never have the bread I want when I go into a store. Other than that? It’s still waaaaaaaay better than fast food.

Tags:

No comments: