advertising and other stuff. no, really.



Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I hate Joe Buck. I hate his new National Car Rental commercial even more.



Not because I use Enterprise. Not because they wasted the chance to do something remotely interesting with him like they did with McEnroe in his spot. (Props to them though for not going the ‘Mac blows up at bad call’ metaphor route.) Nah. I hate it for something pretty dumb. I went to post the clip by grabbing the embed code off YouTube like I always do, and instead, saw this message:

Embedding disabled by request.

Whaaaaat? Hey, National Car Rental. Reality check: you could use all the link love you can get your hands on, (let alone any brand online). Were people illegally downloading that many commercials? Good move. Except for the workaround IT forgot to mention: The tons of free apps out there that let you download stuff like ... YouTube clips. Yeah, I have a few. Email me if you need a list.


Tags:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just hate Joe Buck period. He is has a terrible broadcast voice and is overall just annoying. When you watch him on an NFL game he says "we talked about" in advance of almost everything he says.

Kevin Horne said...

i love when he stares into Troy Aikman's eyes with lust. Now THAT would be a good car rental commercial!

Anonymous said...

I used National Rental Car in El Salvidor. They left me stranded at the airport, and wasted a day of my vacation. Regardless of their spokesperson, they are a horrible company. I will not be using them again.